Protect your account from anonymous or fake profiles.
Twitter allows you to edit the privacy of your tweets and profile information. You can configure your account and go from a public account to a private one or so that only your followers can see your profile.
When you have a private account, you will receive a request to allow someone to follow you and see your data and "tweets".
Make a Twitter Account Private
- Step 1:Open the menu on the left by clicking on your profile picture, and open the option "Settings and Support ''
- Step 2: Go to 'Settings and privacy'.
- Step 3: Go to 'Privacy and safety'
- Step 4: Open the "Audience and tagging" option and check the box to protect your tweets
- Step 5: If you change your mind, to unprotect your tweets, uncheck the box
With a private profile, your tweets won't appear in any Google search, and only approved followers will be able to see or search for you.