Access your saved messages securely.
To make this process easier, it is advisable to configure a backup copy on a weekly or monthly basis.
For this you must go to WhatsApp, open Settings > Chats > Backup > Save using Google Drive.
If you don't have the copy, we also show you how to recover your chats.
Restore from Backup
WhatsApp makes daily backups of your conversations. To restore from backup, follow these steps:
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp from your phone.
- Set up your phone number and verify your account.
- Restore your chats. Once your account is verified, WhatsApp will ask you if you want to restore your chat history from Google Drive or iCloud backup, depending on whether you are on Android or iPhone. Accept to recover the messages.
If you haven't turned on cloud backup, WhatsApp saves local backups to your phone every day at 2:00 am.
- Enter your files on your mobile, search for WhatsApp and open the Databases folder. On Android, it is located in /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases.
- Rename the backup file you want to restore from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Restore your chats when prompted during setup.
With this method you can recover messages up to 7 days old.