Use Facebook without showing your active connection.
Take a break from messaging on Facebook, disable your connection visibility so no one can see if you're online.
Follow these steps to hide your connection and avoid attracting the attention of your contacts:
Hide your Connection on Facebook
- In your browser log in to Facebook.
- Go to the chat section and open the menu with 3 dots.
- Select the final option "Disable Active Status".
- Choose to disable your status for all your contacts or just some.
To do it from the app, follow these steps:
- In the upper right corner open the three-line menu.
- Look for the Settings and Privacy option and then Settings.
- In the Audience and Visibility section, select the "Active Status" option at the bottom.
- Here enable or disable your status and confirm.