This type of yoga takes place in a highly hot environment like a sauna.
Bikram Choudhury is the founder of Bikram Yoga. He has developed and patented a serie of 26 postures with two breathing exercises before and after each class.
This type of yoga is practiced in a room with 42 ° C temperature and 40% humidity, to facilitate weight loss.
Many people find difficulty concentrating on breathing during the first classes.
- You eliminate all kinds of toxins from your body.
- If you are overweight, you will achieve incredible results in short time.
- Carry two towels in each class, due to high temperatures and positions, you end up sweating a lot.
- A yoga mat is required in any type of yoga.
- It is always good to wear garments of an elastic material during classes.
- Carry extra clothes for the end of each class.
Bikram yoga positions
1. Utkatasana ( Strange Position)
This position will help strengthen legs muscles, feet and ankles.
In this position you will exercise great pressure on your legs, especially your thighs by the high temperature at which it is exercised
2. Dandayamana-Janushirasana ( Standing in Front of the Knee)
This position will help strengthen back muscles and tendons.
It will increase your concentration because it is done on one foot.
3. Dandayamana-Dhanurasana ( or Bow Position)
This position will help your cardiovascular system. You can reduce your body fat and will improve the flexibility of several muscles in your body.
This position is also exerted on one foot, and concentration is required to perform.